Gigabit Ethernet Controller (GEC)
The Gigabit Ethernet Controller is a universal data transmission and device controller module for IP based digital television systems. The controller can receive or transmit 4 IP streams depending on the firmware. It supports several data formats and network protocols.
- Single 3.3V power supply, low power consuption
- 4-channel IP - SPI TS or SPI - IP TS conversion
- 10/100/1000 Base-T (RJ45) Ethernet interface for IP streams
- Broadcast, unicast and multicast support
- 4 IP Transport Stream inputs or outputs (IPTV or RTP format, 1..7 x 188 or 204 bytes)
- 4 SPI (Synchronous Parallel Interface) inputs or outputs for external (ASI) streams
- Easy to program via UDP/IP with DDToIPv1 instructions
- Supported protocols: ARP, IGMPv2, ICMP ping, UDP, RTP
- Several interface to connect and control other devices: IIC, 8-bit parallel port, serial port, 8-bit GPO, Selector port
- Powered by Xilinx Spartan-3 FPGA and Microchip PIC18LF8722 microcontroller
For designers and device builders the full source code package of the controller is for sale (printed circuit board plans, microcontroller and FPGA source code).
If you feel at home in microcontroller and FPGA programming, and you want to create your own controller avoiding the difficulties of the PCB design, you can purchase only the printed circuit board sources of the GEC (PCB source, gerber files, insert file).
The Gigabit Ethernet Controller can be found in several successful and acknowledged devices: