Gigabit Ethernet Controller II. (GEC II.)
The Gigabit Ethernet Controller II. is a universal data transmission and device controller module for IP based digital television systems. The controller can receive and transmit 64 IP streams and supports several data formats. For the device control over the IP network, the module provides a serial communication bus and an output port for driving LEDs.
- Single 3.3V power supply, low power consuption
- 64-channel full-duplex IP - LVDS TS - IP converter
- 10/100/1000 Base-T (RJ45 and SFP) Ethernet interface for IP streams
- Separated 10/100 Base-T management interface
- 64 IP transport stream inputs and outputs (IPTV or RTP format, 1..7 x 188 or 204 bytes, IEEE 802.1Q VLAN Tag)
- LVDS input and output for external (e.g. ASI) transport streams (up to 125 MByte/sec)
- 768-MBit onboard SDRAM
- Integrated transport stream analyzer
- Easy to program via HTTP (integrated WEB server) or UDP/IP
- Firmware upgrade via Ethernet
- Powered by Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA and Texas Stellaris uC
- Supported protocols: ARP, IGMPv2, ICMP, DHCP, UDP, RTP, TCP, HTTP
- Serial Communication Bus
GEC II. Instruction Manual V1.12 (pdf)
GEC II. PST Instruction Manual V1.23 (pdf)
For designers and device builders the full source code package of the controller is for sale (printed circuit board plans, microcontroller and FPGA source code).
If you feel at home in microcontroller and FPGA programming, and you want to create your own controller avoiding the difficulties of the PCB design, you can purchase only the printed circuit board sources of the GEC II. (PCB source, gerber files, insert file).
The Gigabit Ethernet Controller II. can be found in several successful and acknowledged devices: